Cosmetic dentistry is performed for people who require improvements in their dental health and for the one’s who are effected with dental infections like teeth decay, gum diseases, etc. Cosmetic dentists perform the treatment based on the type of the problem the person is facing.
Types of cosmetic dentistry
- Teeth whitening
- Teeth bleaching
- Dental veneers
- Dental bonding
- Enamel shaping
- Dental implants
- Tooth restorations
- Composite fillings, etc
Benefits of cosmetic dentistry:
- Most of the cosmetic dentistry treatments are painless
- Treatments carried out takes no long procedures and need less appointments with dentist
- After treatment your confidence will increase
- You will have better health
- Faded and damaged teeth will be removed and implanted
- Improves the appearance of teeth
- Improves your personal and social life
- Boosts your self-esteem
- Through this treatment you can have natural looking teeth
- Cosmetic dentistry is completely different from other traditional dentistry methods like restorative and general dentistry
- Some materials used in cosmetic dentistry make teeth stay stronger for long time
Materials used in cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- In some treatments like tooth restorations and fillings, metals like gold, amalgam, etc., are used
- Presently composite and porcelain materials are used in order to make the teeth look more naturally in structure
- Silver fillings are replaced with mercury
- Metals like cast gold and zirconia are used to strengthen the teeth
Materials used in cosmetic dentistry treatments do not have side effects and in fact gives natural look to your mouth.
How long cosmetic dentistry treatments will last?
It depends on the treatment and the precautions. After treatment you have to maintain your teeth in good and hygienic conditions by taking proper care like brushing your teeth twice a day with dentist recommended tooth pastes and gels, visiting the dentist after treatment at least once in a month and take some suggestions from the dentist, have healthy dietary habits, etc. These all will make your cosmetic dentistry treatment last for a long time without any problems, otherwise it leads to re-treatment.