Tooth Whitening is a treatment that is given to the people with stained and with parts discolored. It is not a dental procedure, but is a part of cosmetic treatment. It improves your teeth color and makes them bright. The procedure should be repeated from time to time to if you want to make your teeth look bright all the time.
This treatment is mostly done to the people who have the stained teeth, people who get older will have dark teeth, people who smoke regularly, people who drink tea, coffee and wine. People with white spots on their teeth were also required to take this treatment. Apart from this, there are many other reasons for tooth whitening.
Types of tooth whitening?
Usually there are two procedures of tooth whitening:
1. Dentist supervised teeth whitening and.
2. Self whitening your teeth.
Dentist supervised tooth whitening
- Here a gum-shield is kept in your mouth and a gel used for whitening your teeth is put on the trays and you will be guided to do it daily.
- Another whitening product given by doctor to whiten the teeth is, carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide which is called as active ingredient.
Self whitening your teeth
In this procedure, after the doctor’s treatment they will suggest you to apply some gels which is used for whitening for a period of two to four weeks.
How teeth whitening helps you?
This treatment helps your teeth stain free and makes it look good and bright for a long period of time. But there are some side effects during the cold and if there is no proper care taken after the treatment. But these symptoms does not stay longer. If it stays for a long time, you should consult a dentist.
How long the effect of tooth whitening helps your teeth?
After the person is treated with tooth whitening it stays for a long period of time if he is away from smoking and drinking and it varies from person to person and the treatment done.
Precautions to be taken after the treatment
- Stay away from the smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Avoid the foods that makes your teeth stain.
- Foods like sugar contained and drinks must be avoided.
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Make sure to have a dental check-up at least once a month.
These precautions may help your teeth look bright for a long period of time without any effects and further treatments.