Workplace security and safety is very important for an organization. Some people work in night shifts and women who work beyond the working hours also are in need of security. Workplace security has many aspects to be considered. But here we discuss personal security in workplace. So, here are some security tips that will help you in protecting yourself when you are working alone.
Tips for security in workplace:
The tips are for both staff or the workers and from the company authorities perspective
- If you are a worker then at first know the risk that is going to happen. If it is from outsider of the company then ask the help of your coworker to help you by some sort of signals without knowing to attacker. He/she may help you by contacting police, security etc.
- Talk to the person slowly and attentively without making him anger. If he has weapon in his hand to attack you then you wait for the correct time and don’t try to act aggressively that may cause harm to you or the other person.
- Stay calm until the help comes and talk to attacker till then without making him to attack.
- If your coworker or superior is harassing you try to intimate it to your company authorities as soon as possible after identifying it correctly.
- Their are also some other risks that may happen in your work place theft of your files and office related information by a stranger or your colleague. When this risk happens intimate to superiors as soon as possible otherwise it will be your mistake.
Superiors security for the workers:
As a superior of the company it is your responsibility to provide security for your workers. Below are some ways through which you can give security for your staff.
- At first you must identify the risk by asking your employees, security personnel etc.
- Where ever necessary put security cameras.
- Make your staff comfortable in placing them in a secured and friendly environment.
- If there are restricted areas where employers or the strangers should not go then put security guards or cameras to avoid the risk.
- If your staff is in night shifts try to provide as much as circuity you can. Provide them facilities like transportation, keeping some security alarms to identify the risk, keeping the doors locked.
- If you receive a complaint regarding coworkers harassment then take immediate actions to avoid risk.
This makes your staff feel comfort work effectively. A healthy and secured environment in company makes helps it reach to the next level.