The meaning of electronic device is, a hand-held telephone or electronic device that will receive text based messages.
Prohibited use of electronic devices while driving:
- In many countries the use of electronic devices is prohibited while driving.
- The driver of the car should not communicate, operate or hold electronic-devices.
- Should not send text messages.
- Person caught while using his cell phone or electronic device in car will be punished or he must pay the penalty as per the rules.
- Usage of electronic devices while driving may lead to accidents.
- Playing games and attending the calls is a crime and leads to violation penalties.
- Person who is not having minimum age of 18 years should not operate the vehicle while using the electronic devices
- The persons caught using their electronic devices while driving will lead to serious problems like, license cancellation, penalties, etc., as per the rules and regulations of law.
Exempted situations that a person can use the electronic device while driving:
- Person driving ambulance, a fire service personnel and peace officers are exempted from this case.
- In emergency situations like need of ambulance or medical care or police help you can make use of phone or mobile.
- If the person uses electronic device that is attached to the surface of the car then there is no problem.
- While using emergency vehicle the person can operate his electronic devices.
- The prohibition is not applied if the driver is parked safely and when the driver makes the calls to emergency numbers.
Uses of electronic devices in car:
- Used for communicating with the person in emergency situations
- You can operate one or more devices at a time
- It is preferable to use them if you have the capacity of multi-tasking
- Hand-free electronic devices can be used safely while driving
Electronic devices in car benefits in only few situations. It is said that as per the recent studies the distractions are occurred due to the electronic devices like usage of cell phone or mobile phone.
As said above the unnecessary usage of electronic devices will lead to illegal acts and will be punished as per the rules. So, it is better to know the rules and follow them to avoid such alarming situations.