Businesses/companies rely on mainframes because of their great features. Here we help you know about mainframe features.
- After processing massive amount of data, mainframes continue to perform the task accurately. No malicious attacks.
- Mainframes are known for its long-term performance. Once installed and operated, they run for many years.
- Mainframes can prevent huge loss by detecting problems in early stages.
- Mainframes have higher capacity of processing levels to handle huge amount of data at reliable speeds.
- These computers have high storage capacity because they process large volume of data and they have the capability of storing the data.
- While processing data, some amount of workload is shared among different processors and input/output devices. This facilitates higher performance.
- Mainframe system allows centralized computing of operations.
- Mainframe systems can run multiple operating systems at a time and thus we can say it is not a single computer.
- Mainframes gives access to multiple users and operate data simultaneously because of its time-sharing feature.
- Input-output connectivity levels are at peak state.
- Provides maximum band-width for input-output.
- Handles and manages large number of users.
These features make large companies or business enterprises consider mainframes as their best computing device for processing critical applications.