Of late, home buying/purchasing has become more complex. The best buying process also involves legal jargon and complicated language. There will be some unscrupulous property sellers who take the advantage of inexperience home buyers. It is, therefore, important to hire a real estate attorney; s/he can save you from making costly mistakes throughout the complete complicated process. It is better if you consult the real estate attorney before you take any step in purchasing a home and most importantly before signing any legal document.
The first step in the process is acceptance of an offer to purchase. The brokers most often prepare an offer letter in the pre-printed standard form.
The role of the lawyer in home purchasing is as follows:
- Provide an overview of the process.
- Protects the buyer interest that is s/he examine all the documents before you sign them and look after your interest in the overall home buying process, negotiate the seller’s attorney.
- Negotiate the purchase and sale agreement as it is an important legal document in property purchase. At the time of closing the document, it is required to deposit the money along with other valuable information. The real estate attorney will examine whether all the important documents are addressed in the agreement.
- Negotiate, explain, draft, and review your contract to purchase.
- Negotiate and communicate repair issues related by your home inspector.
- Examine the commitment and the survey to determine that you are purchasing property contracted for without title defects you have not agreed to accept.
- Explain all the contract contingencies, if any monitor deadlines to make sure those contingencies to meet.
- Explain the mortgage financing options and verify and also explain the tax pro rations and also other closing figures
- Attend the closing to ensure the compliance and to review the home documents, to verify your loan agreement and after closing, review the recorded deed and the final title insurance policy for accuracy.
- If you hire a real-estate attorney all you have to do is make the agreed upon the escrow payment, s/he will administer the escrow account and also ensure that the fund is properly distributed among the property inspectors, sellers and also to the title examiners.
The whole process can be said in the short, that the real estate attorney looks after your interest in over all the home buying process. S/he mostly acts behind the scene, apart from the examining the legal aspects. It is also the duty of the attorney to monitor the other members progress in a home buying team that includes real estate agents, property appraisers etc. In the other words it is said that the real-estate attorney administers the overall procedure of the home purchasing so that you do not face any problem and you get the best possible deal in home buying.