Selling a home is not an easy business because buyers are concentrating on more facilities than the existing ones. This becomes a huge problem to the home owners especially for the people who want to sell old homes.
So, many sellers apply tricky techniques to show their home as a best light and are attracting more buyers. They invest some amount of money for repairing their homes to lighten up their homes or to hide the poor qualities of home and they will get a higher profit than the expected one.
If you want to buy a home, beware of the home owners tricks which can distract you from the truly important characteristics or warning signs of a home. Below are some of the signs that can be helpful to you that you are distracting by the homeowners.
- Whenever you go to see the house, the owner will turn the lights on to look house more spacious. Never hesitate to turn off the light and look the condition of the house whether it looks good or not even turning the lights off.
- Sometimes owner will remove some furniture to look room spacious. So, do not go on that and visualize your furniture and make decision based on that.
- Many sellers and agents are staging their homes to look more attractive. So, make sure that you do not go with the fancy things.
- Sometimes owners will use air fresheners or freshly baked goods or they play good music at the background to create an appealing atmosphere in the house to make set the mood of buyers. This may be used to cover up big problems while others may be easily fixable. Make sure that you do not let your true feelings about the house be obscured by a plate of warm cookies.
- And also see from the exterior of the house whether the home is looking good or not.
Never go by fancy things, always check the important aspects like plumbing facilities, drainage system, ventilation etc.