Proper maintenance is required to make sure that any countertop lasts long. Here, let’s know how to maintain laminate kitchen countertops.
Tips to maintain laminate kitchen countertops:
- As these countertops are non-porous and do not have seams, they are easy to clean. They have to be cleaned with a soft cloth and a soap and water solution. Do not use abrasive cleaner as the surface of the countertop may get damaged. Such cleaners create scratches and harm the finish of the laminate.
- If anything spills on the countertop, wipe it immediately before it gets dried and adhered to the surface.
- Ensure that you use seal for the laminate countertops. Different types of sealing materials can be used, and the regular maintenance of your countertop depends on the specific sealing material.
- These countertops are not heat-resistant and hence, avoid placing hot objects on them.
- They are also prone to scratches easily. So, you should use chopping board when cutting vegetables.
- Though they are strong enough, do not drop heavy objects suddenly as they can get damaged.
- Too much water flooded on the countertop creates problems with seams. The substrate of the countertop may swell when water goes inside. This may damage the appearance of the countertops.
Most people opt laminate kitchen countertops as they are inexpensive when compared to others. It is often believed that these cheaper models need no maintenance and care to ensure that they remain looking new and clean. However, this is not true. So, when planning to install laminate kitchen countertops, be sure that you follow these tips and maintain their beauty and function.