Numerous dental care products are available for cleaning the teeth and tongue. It is essential to know that how a tooth paste can get rid of bad breath and control tooth decay. So many tooth paste brands are available in the form of paste, gel, or powder. Despite so many types of toothpaste that are there, there are some ingredients common to most varieties. These include:
- Abrasive agents in the tooth paste help you to remove food, bacteria, and some stains from your teeth.
- Flavoring artificial sweeteners are often added to toothpaste to make people taste better.
- Humectants used in paste and gel prevent the toothpaste from drying out.
- Thickeners are the agents used in tooth pastes to achieve and maintain proper toothpaste texture.
- Detergents like sodium laurel sulfate is used for getting foam in toothpastes.
- Fluoride helps in protecting your teeth against the acids released by the bacteria when plaque is formed in the mouth. It does this in two ways. First, fluoride makes your tooth enamel stronger and less likely to suffer acid damage. Second, it can reverse the early stages of acid damage by re mineralization in areas that have started to decay.
- Choose a tooth paste which is suitable for people who have sensitive teeth that are easily irritated by hot or cold temperatures.
As toothpaste plays an important role in maintaining oral health, it is advised to follow the above important tips, before choosing one.
Dental Implants London