Vitamin E is one of the vitamins which is essential for the body. It refers to a group of 8 fat soluble compounds and is found in different types of oils like wheatgerm oil, sunflower oil, corn oil, soya bean oil and so on. Consuming these oils gives us many benefits, which improve our health in many ways. Let us know in what ways vitamin is essential for our health.
- Vitamin E is rich in anti-oxidants, which protect the body from free radicals that cause damage to the cells of the body. Elimination of free radicals help in preventing blood clot, and other chronic diseases relating to heart.
- It slows down the aging process and also helps in preventing the onset of cataracts.
- The deficiency of vitamin E leads to many disorders like neurological diseases and other eye disorders.
- It can effectively prevent some particular cancers like breast cancer and prostate cancer.
- It also supports the circulatory system and aids in the free flow of blood to all the parts of the body.
- It is used in many beauty products like cosmetics, skin creams, moisturizers and face packs because of its anti- aging quality.
- It is often taken along with vitamin c to heal the skin wounds and to fight against environmental pollutants.
- It has the ability to pull out the heavy metals from the body like mercury and hence makes it more cleaner.
- Vitamin E also promotes respiratory system and cure some disorders related to it.
Due to the valuable benefits provided vitamin E, it is recommended to include this vitamin in our daily diet regularly. Oils and fats are good sources of vitamin E. Nuts, green vegetables, egg yolk and few other foods do have vitamin E in required quantities. However, while taking the supplements, its recommended to take the advice of the physician.