When you are booking a hotel, it depends upon your budget, trip period and your trip type. Whether it is for family, friends, and colleagues or else, there are many factors which you should consider and keep in mind when making your decision in booking hotel room/rooms.
- Never go to the blog pictures or other websites rather than the hotels own website, because many people book hotels by seeing the fancy pictures, which are put in that blogs or some agency websites. Sometimes the actual hotel is different from the picture then you will realize by seeing and sometimes you will get surprise by doing it so. Then, it is better if you avoid such websites and it is better if you ask one of your friend or relative or a colleagues who recently visited the hotel or you can do another thing that is: you can check it in many websites by crosschecking or ensure from many people who speak in the websites that the hotel is indeed reliable and authenticate. So do not take any blind decision by seeing the fancy pictures of the hotels, do proper research as much as you need until you get trust on it.
- The hotel should be selected according to their star rating which are normally from 1-5. of course some people check for it but some not even do not know what is star rating and they not even care for it. So remember to check the star rating. Of course, some hotels may have high star rating but they may also have the unsatisfied customers, because there should be something wrong with that particular hotel so it is better if you also confirm with the guest reviews and asking some other friends for colleagues who have went to that particular hotel.
- Always try to call the hotel directly and crosscheck for the facilities that are providing for you on your pay. Else, mail for the hotel because the email is always preferable, by this you can have the written evidence from the hotel side that what are the facilities they are offering, because they may vary from laundry to room and also some free services like drinking water, television, Wi-Fi etc. so never book a hotel on the basis of what they have mentioned on the website, so it is better if you call of email through your account for ensuring the details.
- As location of the hotel plays an important role, check for the neighborhood that whether it is close to the airport, railway station, tourism, market, downtown etc. for better transportation you should know whether it is located in the east, west, south or north. Also check for the important landmarks, whether it is located near the historical building, beach or behind any famous attraction.
- If you know the accommodation type, depending upon your budget and number of travelers it is important to know and choose one of the mentioned accommodation types. There will be mainly four types of accommodation; they are Hotel, resort and vacation, bed and breakfast, home or condo.
- It is important to check for the amenities, some of them are Internet access, Gym, Pool, Parking, restaurants, Pet Friendly and Some Meeting Facilities. They are different in the different hotels it is depends upon your needs, so you may choose the hotel which you desire on which it is possessing the desired amenities.
- You may also look for average night rate for each and every room in the hotel, so that you may calculate the cost individually and find out the best hotel that matches your budget
So these are some of the important things that you need to check while booking for the hotels.