Generally food refrigerators are used to store the food and protect it from spoiling due to bacterial growth. Due to the advanced technology, refrigerators are available in different. Refrigerators are the long term investments and one has to be very careful while purchasing the fridges, the following are the features that you should look for in a refrigerator:
- Look for the refrigerator which has the adjustable door bins and shelves as these can be moved to create room to fit tall items.
- Also the fridge you are purchasing must contain elevator shelves as these crank up and down without you having to remove the contents and also full extension drawers as these drawers provide you with greater access to stored items.
- Look for the pull out shelves or bins which improve access to the items stored in the refrigerator.
- Shelf snuggers are the other features to look for because these are the sliding brackets on door shelves to secure bottles and jars. A few models have a wine rack that stores a bottle horizontally.
- Temperature controlled drawers can be set several degrees cooler than the rest of the refrigerator. These are useful in the case of meat, fish, and cold cuts which should be stored at low temperatures.
- A water filter is designed to reduce lead, chlorine, and other impurities. You can also add a filter to the refrigerator’s water supply line.
- Some manufacturers are offering the fridges which are incorporated with high tech equipment such as TVs, digital picture or music devices, and family organizing centers.
- Also look for the features like reversible door, quick cool compartment, freezer interior light, butter keeper and glass shelving to contain spills.
While looking to purchase a refrigerator also consider the factors like your budget, space available in your kitchen for installation, model and the capacity of the refrigerator etc.