Hiring a nanny is the best solution to provide in-home care to your kids. However, a clear and open communication is essential to maintain the positive and effective relationship with the nannies. A nanny contract serves this purpose. It helps in clarifying the roles and responsibilities of you and your nanny. Professional working relationship is to be maintained with the help of a nanny contract. Know some of the things that you need to include in a nanny contract.
- The job roles and responsibilities of a nanny are the most important. Include details of any household activities that a nanny should perform apart from the childcare activities.
- Mention the nanny’s base salary in the contract. Also include the salary reviews for specific time line depending on her accomplishments.
- Mention the expected schedule and number of working hours. However, you should also include the necessary notifications when she is kept for working extra hours at urgent situations.
- Certain benefits for nanny such as sick days, personal and vacation days, and so on should also be clearly included in a nanny contract.
- Specific boundaries for discipline are to be explained to the nanny while writing them in a contract.
- You should also mention how certain necessary changes are to be made in the agreement, and how the agreement can be ended.
- It is also better to include certain driving rules and insurance coverage information.
- The most important thing to add in a nanny contract is the employer’s legal tax obligations.
- Specific terms and conditions of notices, warnings, and ground for dismissal have to made clear in the contract.
- All the facilities provided to a nanny along with other salary requirements are to be mentioned in it.
Once you write a nanny contract, you and your nanny should sign in it understanding the working conditions. It ensures a safe and trustworthy agreement between you and your nanny.