Most of the parents these days require a nanny for taking care of their child on a consistent basis. A nanny is the person who remains close to the child in the absence of the parents. In the process of getting nanny parents need to hire a nanny based on the requirements. Interviewing is a very crucial step for hiring your nanny. Plan your interview in advance. You should conduct a formal interview which ensures that all the points you want to discuss are covered. Some of the topics that need to be asked in the interview are listed here.
- Ask the nanny about the need for choosing the profession of nanny.
- Find the details of experience of the nanny. Ask her about the ages of children that she has taken care earlier.
- You also need to check for the details like training in CPR and first aid.
- Know whether she enjoys working with children. You can get the positive and negative points of the person.
- You can ask about her personal strengths when working with children.
- Ask if the nanny can drive and take the child for an outing.
- It is also important to know about the salary expectations.
- Also ask her about the educational qualifications and background.
- Know whether she is aware of the developmental stages of infants and children. This can help you know if she can handle the child growth properly or not.
- Ask her to give some examples of the problems she faced while handling kids. Also ask the ways how she handled those problems.
- Find for how much period can she sign a contract with the family.
These are some of the issues to be covered while interviewing a nanny. In addition, you can also ask the personal needs that she would require if you want her to be at home as a live-in nanny.