It is difficult for parents to train the children of preschool age. The role of parents is very much important for behavior and education of a child. However, some tips can be followed by them for teaching right things. Some tips are given below for parents of preschoolers.
- Parents are allowed to resist doing some things that the child can do on their own. For example, while dressing or sitting on a chair, parents try to help the child. Instead, the child can be left for doing it on their own. Many children like to do things on their own. This gradually increases the self working.
- The child can be allowed to solve some simple problems. If suppose a child tries to assemble some toys, parents usually go to them to help them. However, leaving them to try for some time may improve their skills.
- When the child does some good work, appreciate them. Praise and appreciation creates enthusiasm in the child. They try to repeat doing such things.
- Educational dvds for kids should be used by parents to teach good behavior through some stories. Preschool dvd creates interest in children as it includes their favorite cartoon characters with animation and sound.
- Parents are allowed to warn children of some transitions. For example, the child should be informed in advance that it is the time to eat and stop playing. When they are warned politely, they become accustomed to it. This provides some time sense for children.
- Make the children learn music and dance which improves their attention skills.
- Redirection is another important tip for parents. If a child gets involved in some disturbance activities, try to turn their attention from such things by asking if he wants to paint something or read a story.
Apart from these, parents can follow many other tips for educating the child. Whatever they way may be, it is important to teach discipline and good behavior for the child.